Benefit Cosmetics LLC

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My skin care regiment

Hi girls! I'm writing in blue today, because its raining and ugly outside, but that does not mean that we should be effected by this morose weather, its another day to be the best we can be, look great and work towards whatever goals we set for ourselves (I'm sooo very cheese filled). I wanted to take the time out today to talk about my skin care regiment, I don't know how many times I have seen people using 4 or 5 different products on their faces daily, to achieve a clear and moisturized complexion. This is a big no no! I have read quite a few beauty articles and books to know that the more products you use on your face, the more  tedious your skin care regiment, try sticking to 3 good products that are preferably inexpensive so that they can be easily accessed, also I've noticed the more inexpensive the product the more product you get. Irony is alive and well (hmmmm). I use one line of skin care, as I've mentioned before in my last posting, I use Ambi a skin care line designed for women with ethnic skin tone and what I mean by ethnic is just anyone who produces more melanin. I've been using it for 5 or 6 months and it is fantastic, my skin drastically improved and my skin tone is clearer and brighter. This is a huge deal for me, because I have had my share of experimentation with beauty products, and Ambi has given me the best results. Now I'm not saying you should go run and buy what I use, but consider this, if your skin care regiment has been the same for half a year and your skin has not improved, time to switch it up and possibly drink more water. And remember expensive does not equal better! 
 Now to get back to what I do on a daily basis to clean and moisturize my skin; I remove my makeup with Almay oil free makeup remover wipes, dampen my skin, scrub in Ambi exfoliating face wash, wash off, apply any acne spot treatment (I use neutrogena), I then apply Ambi moisturizer and lastly Iman's time control eye cream that I pat under my eye with my ring finger. I mention this because rubbing into this delicate part of the skin with moisturizer or coverup is harmful and will create wrinkles, so always pat it, not rub! I follow this regiment twice a day, everyday. Some times I slip up and forget to use my spot treatment or eye cream, but face wash and moisturizer is a MUST! Morning and night. Twice a week I use an organic face mask that I purchased in India, when I was living there a couple of years ago, and can you believe it, I still have it and it still works, its a cell regenerator and metabolism mask, you can use any organic mask. I suggest using an organic mask because, obviously you don't want to use a mask with chemical agents, especially since masks usually take 10-15 minutes to fully absorb and you definitely do not want chemicals absorbing into your face (yuck). So that's all I have for you today, I'll be back tomorrow to discuss foundation and powder application tips and some products I use. Thanks and stay tuned!

Peace and much needed love...<3

No comments:

Post a Comment