Benefit Cosmetics LLC

Friday, April 17, 2009

The Basic 5 Steps

Hi there my makeup and beauty enthusiasts! Today I'm going to share with you some basic steps to flawless coverage using moisturizer, illuminizer, concealer, foundation and a powder type of your choice. I prefer using press powder. Yesterday, I assisted a friend with makeup art at a photo shoot, there were about 20 women and only 3 makeup artists, so you can imagine how hectic it was. All the women were women of color, of diverse skin colors and we were only working with 3 foundations and Maybelliene mouse foundation in Coca #3 for the face and about 8 individual eyeshadows and a eyeshadow palette of 15 colors. But my main concern was the face makeup. 
The first step to great face coverage is  moisturizer; something light preferably, so the coverup does not appeared smeared onto the face. 

Next I use a cream illuminator but this is just a preference. I find that illuminating moisturizers make the foundation look radiant and more natural. 

Step number 3 is your coverup, now this is crucial because shade is everything. Usually go with a concealer the color of your undertones. For instance, I have red and yellow undertones so I can go either way, but if I am taking pictures I usually go for yellow concealer under my eyes, down the front of my nose and on my forehead, and blend!! 

Step 4 is foundation, Now I use two different foundations, not simultaneously but two different brands depending on the occasion. If I desire a bright glowing appearance I will use Makeup Forevers HD foundation in #175. And if I am on the go and would like a more matte and natural look I use Maybelline Dream Mouse Foundation. I swore by it last night amongst the pandemonium. 

Lastly, step 5, a powder to set the foundation, I use Physicians Formula (another drugstore brand, gotta save money girls) translucent powder that I apply all over my face with a round dome brush. Of course some may prefer a bronzer or loose powder the same color as the skin, but I think it makes the makeup look too heavy. Dont forget to blend and smile. It makes a world of a difference. Thats all I have today. Stay beautiful.

Peace and love...<3

No comments:

Post a Comment