Benefit Cosmetics LLC

Monday, December 14, 2009

Beauty, Fashion and Holidays

Hello my lovely followers yes as you have already guessed it is time for another blog about beauty, fashion, style all those wonderful things that make being a woman so much fun. Okay, so this past weekend I was Christmas shopping for my girlfriends and I thought hmm what can I purchase that is affordable, functional and over all cute. I am on a pretty tight budget so I allowed myself $80 to spilt amongst three of my closest friends. I pondered in my beautiful mind what they love, what would be easy to grab and if they would actually use it. The first place I thought to shop was Forever 21 so I combed through the website and honestly I couldn't find anything they would really like although they had very cute things on sale. 
Then after careful consideration I went to Sephora with one of my guy friends who was at first very apprehensive about the whole experience but turned out to be a great deal of help. As we walked up and down to various product stands we ran into sale after sale. He was actually the one to spot the product,a beauty eyeshadow palette for $25, which is great, and a collection of lip glosses which included about 15 lip glosses for $20! So naturally I bought the eyeshadow for my closest and beloved friend and two lip gloss collections for my other friends and I had money to spare! For ladies who aren't really sure what to get their girlfriends and if your friends are anything like mine, they would love and appreciate the gift of beauty.


skeek-original-palette-01.jpg




mac-cosmetics-double-dazzle-lip-gloss-warm-shades.jpg





Next, I'd like to discuss briefly this winters trends that I've been noticing and touch upon some do's and don'ts for all of you that tend to over do some styles. Major style watch are high waist skirts with big belts along the waist, leggings!, mid thigh boots, the color purple (the actually color, not with Oprah), motorcycle gloves, and believe or not, lace. Now I'm not an expert in style and I would consider myself a little more of a beauty know-it all than a fashion know it all, but I do read a lot of fashion magazines and live in New York so that gives me some insight on what's hot out there. Some don'ts this season that make me cringe are Ugg boots parading around restaurants and nightclubs (trust me I've fell victim to that before), high waist skirts with knee boots a big definite no, try for mid calf or flats, hippie headband overload, bogus humungous chandelier earrings and rainbow bright makeup at like 10 am (thats just wrong). So stay clear and trust me you'll have not only nothing to worry about, who really wants to have a fashion fopa to get noticed?


stock-photo-model-girl-with-fasion-bright-make-up-30100576.jpg



uggclassiccrochet.jpg

Now tis this season to be jolly right? So here are some tips on how to combat the seasonal blues. Cut back on carbohydrates for a few days, studies have shown that carbohydrate and starch overload in your diet can cause you to have spiraling roller-coaster moods and obviously make you a little chunky, drink water! seriously the more replenished and hydrated you are from drinking more water the more you increase your general well-being (its true), take 15-20 minutes a day to just breathe and be silent, no music, no book, no cell phone, just you and your breath, and lastly do something special for yourself at least twice a week,this does not have to include spending money, call your best friend just to let them know you're there for them, sing at the top of your lungs while in the street (very therapeutic) smile at strangers all day, kiss someone on the cheek as a greeting (people don't do that anymore). Now I notice these are mostly kind things to do for others but honestly when you are kind and considerate to others, life has a natural way of feeling better.

bottled-water.jpg

meditation.jpg



Well, thats all for today. Happy Holidays! and stay tuned.

Love and Peace
Adynah

1 comment:

  1. ahahah! omg i love this!! you are such a pro!
    love nadya

    ReplyDelete