Benefit Cosmetics LLC

Monday, February 9, 2009

Its Black History Month

Yes its black history month, and it is also the shortest month of the year. Not complaining, I'm happy that black people have a month recognized in American society to observe and appreciate their contributions to this country. Yesterday I blogged about who I am, where I'm from, my beliefs and a plethora of different bullshit, but after I was complete I was anxious to see comments left by any friends or blog fans and sadly nothing, and then I discovered that I DELETED my blog. What a blundering fool I am! I'm not going to attempt to rewrite my first posts because that would be so unoriginal of me. I also said that I was going to discuss the novel The White Tiger, but I lied. Today I'm going to give a quick synopsis of one of my favorite feminist, whom at the time had no idea that she was inventing the concept. Her name is Sojourner Truth, and today in my workshop, (I work with HS girls, I teach gender, culture and society); I will be reading the "Ain't I a Woman" speech. I performed this speech in 5th grade, and had such terrible stage fright that shit nearly dropped out of my pleated skirt (that was gross). But I digress, I won honorable mention and a Vitamin D deficient girl won 1rst place, and she recited the same speech! Ain't that something! I thought it was interesting, at the time, yes I was bitter, but now in retrospect I understnad that, that says something monumental about American society, an Italian girl can repeat the words of a former slave woman and its message could not be diluted, it remained and remains. I advise all my followers and fans to read the speech, its strong, enlightening and will forever ring with the voice of revolution, for all people. Thanks for coming by to check out my blog. Tomorrow I will be talking more shit. Stay tuned!

Peace and much needed love.

No comments:

Post a Comment